Cleaning Instructions for Hard Water Areas
Your box contains
• 1x BIBO Classic hot tank cleaning system cartridge.
• 1x Bottle of BIBO hot tank cleaning solution.
• 1x Hexagonal key to remove the small cap in the top of the cleaning system cartridge.
• 1x Pack of cleaning solution test strips & 1x Water hardness test strip
Safety tips & guidance:
• The BIBO hot tank cleaning solution is sulphamidic acid, non-toxic & biodegradable. It’s designed to clean the inside of the hot tank & remove any mineral deposits.
• It’s important that you read the safety guidance label on the bottle, & that you wear gloves when handling the cleaning solution.
• The cleaning solution will NOT work properly if the temperature of the water in the hot tank is above 70C so it’s very important that you let the tank cool before cleaning so dispense 3litres of water once the tank has been switched off.
• If there's a substantial build-up of mineral deposits in the hot tank it may require more than one attempt to properly remove it. The longer the cleaning solution is left in the hot tank the better. We suggest leaving it for at least 8 hours. In extreme cases the hot tank may need to be replaced.
• CLEANING OR REPLACEMENT OF THE HOT TANK IS NOT COVERED BY YOUR WARRANTY. • YOUR BIBO MUST NOT BE USED UNTIL THE CLEANING SOLUTION HAS BEEN THOROUGHLY RINSED FROM THE HOT TANK & THE MAXI FILTER CARTRIDGE REPLACED.
Follow step by step
1. Flick the hot tank switch located at the back of the BIBO next to the power switch to OFF (‘0’).
2. With the hot tank switched off, dispense 3litres of water until the temperature of the water from the tap is cool.
3. Remove the lid from the top of the BIBO by simply lifting it from the rear.
4. Twist anti-clockwise & remove the BIBO MAXI filter cartridge. This will be replaced later.
5. Fit the cleaning system cartridge into the BIBO & firmly twist clockwise to tighten it.
6. Using the hexagonal key provided, insert it firmly into the small cap on the top of the cartridge then carefully unscrew & remove the cap.
7. Take the bottle of BIBO hot tank cleaning solution & carefully snip off the tip of the cap, taking care to keep the bottle upright.
8. Carefully empty the entire contents of the bottle of cleaning solution into the cleaning cartridge.
9. Replace the small cap in the top of the cleaning cartridge & carefully tighten it using the hexagonal key. Make sure the soft ‘O’ ring seal is in place.
10. Place a suitable drain container (at least 1litre) under the hot tap.
1. Dispense at least 1litre of water from the hot tap & discard. Dispense a little more hot water & test it using the enclosed test strip. When the strip changes RED, it indicates that the hot tank is full of the cleaning solution.
2. Make sure the drain container is under the hot tap. 3. Now leave the cleaning solution in your BIBO for as long as possible, ideally 8 hours while the hot tank is cleaned & any mineral deposits are removed.
N.B YOUR BIBO MUST NOT BE USED UNTIL THE CLEANING SOLUTION HAS BEEN RINSED FROM THE HOT TANK & THE MAXI FILTER CARTRIDGE REPLACED.
Rinsing & finishing up
1.Dispense at least 3 litres of hot water & discard. Dispense a little more water & test using the test strip; the colour of the test strip should remain BLUE.
If still red, dispense more water until the strip remains blue.
2. Twist anti-clockwise & remove the cleaning system cartridge.
3. To drain the water from the cleaning cartridge, remove the small cap in the top, invert the cartridge over a sink & using the UV lamp removal key press in one of the two valves in the bottom of the cartridge to allow the cartridge to empty. Carefully replace the cap.
4. Now fit the MAXI filter cartridge.
N.B. If you’re not fitting a new MAXI filter cartridge & to make it easier to re-fit the used MAXI cartridge, it’s a good idea to release any water pressure in the cartridge by using the UV lamp key or similar to press one of the two valves in the bottom of the cartridge. Do this over a sink & direct the cartridge away from you. 5. Replace the lid on the top of the BIBO. 6. Flick the hot tank switch located at the back of the BIBO next to the power switch to ON (‘1’). 7. Remember to retain the cleaning system cartridge for the next time you clean your hot tank.
1. To check how hard your water is & therefore how often your hot tank should be cleaned we provide a simple to use test strip. Please follow the instructions for use on the back of the test strip packet.
2. If the test shows your water is SOFT (up to 120ppm) then you should clean your tank annually, if it’s HARD (up to 425ppm) it should be between 6 & 12 months, if it’s VERY HARD (over 425ppm) then clean the hot tank at least every 6 months.